Thursday, October 11, 2007

Ams or Amsterdam

AMS is the airportcode of Amsterdam, and it is happened to be my name. I might think that this is really my heart's destination :-) I remember my husband said before, that he has no idea that he already tagging along with him his future wife's name on his traveling suitcase... Is it amazing?

Amsterdam is the financial and business capital of the Netherlands and one of the most important cities in Europe in which to do business. Amsterdam is the hometown of football club Ajax. Visitors are attracted to Amsterdam for its reputation as a liberal city; its relaxed charm emphasised by its elegance; and the reputation of its museums. The major museums are the Rijksmuseum, the Stedelijk Museum, the Rembrandt House Museum, and the Van Gogh Museum, which houses the largest collection of Van Gogh's paintings and drawings in the world. The Anne Frank House, a museum dedicated to the story of Anne Frank, is also a popular tourist attraction.

So many to mention why Amsterdam is flocked by tourist and even locals. A day exploring is not enough that you just simply need to lodge. Anyways, it is not a problem. Hotels in Amsterdam is benefitting in the tourism industry. Amsterdam accomodation is not difficult to find. You can even find many good hotel deals in the whole year round.


We are living about 45 minutes away by car from Amsterdam. My husband works there and travel most of the weekdays. I remembered my times visiting the city...We had a cruise around the city canals...walked along the famous tiny red light district, looking the narrow fronted merchant's houses, winding at the big shopping streets and unwinding in cozy cafes overlooking the enchanting city waters.

Everytime, I pick up our postmails, and also bulk of my emails are newsletters of discount hotels I received. At this time of the year, people are now busy planning for weekend break or a long vacation trip for a taste of city lights. A time in Amsterdam will pay an enormous difference. I might visit the city again :-)

No comments: