Sunday, October 28, 2007

A trip plan to Paris

A friend from church is planning to organize a weekend trip to Paris. I received lots of emails about the said trip from our church google group. It seemed that many are interested. How about me? Yes I do. I would like to visit Paris for the second time around.

(This photo is at the Champs Elysees avenue during our trip last year).

The itinerary presented is quite alluring to me. For a 2-3 days trip...include visiting the La Tour Eiffel, walking to the Champs Elysees, meditating at the church of Notre Dame and Versailles.

Left image is the Eiffel obviously :-)

I've been already to these places except the palace in Versailles (photo below).

One of the most beautiful monuments in France, located just 25 miles southwest of Paris is The Castle of Versailles. Also one of the finest jewels of the French Crown and one of the most stunning designs of its creator, the Sun King, Louis the Fourteenth. That's where I would like to go.

A pose with the background of Notre Dame Cathedral.

Another thing that the trip offers is, it's such a budget trip. We are going to stay in an affordable hotel in Paris relatively closed to our target destinations. Of course, accomodation is not that hard to find. There are many nice hotels to choose from since tourism is a boom industry in France. Generally, hotels in France can be very expensive but it can be as cheaper depending how much you would like to spend. Try to dig up your web search engine. Amazingly, cheap hotels are just in hand. Wise spending will be a good motto for a smart traveller. Am I right?

Well, I'm still waiting for the infos about this trip. By the first week of December is the probable date. This gonna be a different trip it is because it's a wonderful group of people in one itinerary. It's a good start to unwind before the rushing christmas holidays. We will be tasting tegether the local french cuisine, maybe walking along the big spotlight fashion streets, bargaining in the market (as per insist),visiting museums, or climbing the Eiffel which I didn't dare before. Bunch of things to do I expect.

For the meantime, I will just wait and see what the travel plans are. Now, it's time to do my schoolworks. Have a nice day :-)

No comments: