Thursday, December 20, 2007

December capsule I

I was quite busy this month of December. A lot of things happened, like surprises ( of any sorts, gifts or problems :-(, sickness, misunderstandings, parties etc.). In short...tired and exhausted. Anyhow, I'm back and I'm trying to recap my past few weeks and I'm even inspired by this photo I captured few weeks ago.

I took this magnificent sunset view from our flat.

To start with, on the first day of this month, we had a nice evening with my 3 sister-in-laws and my mother in law. We had dinner together in the Pakhuis, a cozy restaurant in Delft. We called the night as girls' night-out. Girls' talk in between with a superb meal served in the table. It was an exclusive time for us...backbiting over our hubbies :-) Hehehhe. joke. That night was special and we would like to do it next time in the coming year.

The next day I decorated my christmas tree. Too early here in Holland but quite later than in the Philippines. This time, I bought a plastic one (practically wise) unlike last year that I had a 6 footer real pine tree.

We had celebrated the Sinterklas last december 5. We had many surprises received from Sint. It was time to feel like a kid. Hehehe...opening your gifts.

The unwrapping of gifts...

I have some regular meet-ups with few friends from the church. Last 11th was the Lichtjes avond ( light evening) in the city. It was the evening that the big christmas tree standing in the market square of the city was lighted to welcome the yuletide season.

The big christmas tree in the market square just officialy lighted up at exactly 7pm by the city mayor. It was blessed with a pleasant weather, where a very big and full-packed crowd gathered.

The church where I regularly attend, joined the activity. We setted up an information stand about the church. The night was glorious especially inside of the Oude kerk (old church). There were musical presentations and plays.


The following days were scheduled visits for families and friends.

I still used to manage my school schedule in which I just had my pre-exam last 18th.

The above image is a manger with people playing as Mary and Joseph with several sheperds and a camel.
Photo below is the aligned old buildings along the Oude Delft canal displaying their lights to highlight this one of the most historical canals of the city.

And you know what... I just grabbed a part time job in the housekeeping department of the Leeuwenbrug Hotel, just here in Delft. I just work for 3 1/2 hour for 3 days a week. It's also a nice experience, and I meet new people where I have the chance to enrich my Dutch vocabulary. I have a mixed environment of co-workers like students, mothers, old, youngs and of course international guests. This' also something to pack up my time. The hotel is just less than 15 minutes by bike, an advantage not to back out. So far, this job is better than sitting in the cabin of the callcenter where I last worked. Great :-)

Check out my next activity in my next post. I'm trying to capsulate them as far as I can remember. Have a happy vacation and a festive December :-)

No comments: