Thursday, January 03, 2008

Up-close with Humidity, Humidifier and Bad hair day

The temperature now drops at freezing point. It's freaking cold. I just had the energy to bike outside at this freezing point. Well, I just swim this morning, so I had a lot of warming up.
I just actually arrived from my biking expedition and then I run to my desk to check my emails. But then, an article struck my attention contenting about humidity relating to bad hair day. Is it interesting?

What is humidity by the way :-) Humidity is the amount of moisture in the air. The hotter the air is, the greater is the moisture. 35%-45% humidity is called to be average indoors. Instability of it may cause discomfortness, even drying of skin, allergies, itchiness and even damage of some properties inside the home. I just also read all these symptoms at Holmes humidifier web site in their Questions about humidifiers.

But too much of that, I'm interested why having a bad hair day relates with humidity.
Just quite funny, but I'm curious. I just had few bad hair days that I just ended up tying or camaouflage it by any piece to put on over my head. Enough said, the article goes like this:

"The length of a strand of human hair changes with different
relative humidities. As the relative humidity increases, hair becomes longer, and as the humidity drops it becomes shorter. On very humid days, your hair actually becomes longer and this extra length causes the frizziness that gives us bad hair days".-USATODAY.com

So, human (or animal) hair turns out to be a pretty good way to measure the humidity, as you ever complained about a "bad hair day," can tell you that it's time to stabilize your home's humidity. Aha! That's why I had my hair flying away. But how about falling hair? I will search for it next time. But how about you guys? Have a bad hair day? Then maybe it's time also to check Holmes humidifier . What is humidifier? It's a home appliance to help humidifying your home at the right level.

Well, it's just important to check how humid inside our house especially during the cold season. Too high and too low might jeopardize our health. The higher it is, makes our windows and glasses are dampy and wet, where molds and bacteria can grow; the lower it is, the dryer the air we breath. Just to make sure you have an hygrometer to measure humidity or a Holmes humidifier to help stabilizing it.

Check your home's amount of moisture or have a glimpse at the mirror on how your hair looks :-)

No comments: