Monday, February 04, 2008

Cinema trip

I supposed to read a magazine today but then I was interrupted by few movie reviews in the internet, so I did surf into it and unknowingly my time is off.
Gosh! I pondered about my self comments about the films being reviewed that I watched already. It seemed that writer's and watcher's comments are variables not to mention the spoilers.
If I watch a movie, I'm not a kind of a spoiler. I still enjoyed even if the movie is a rotten tomato but to sit inside the cinema is quite relaxing that I can manage to give a film a rating of 5+ :-)

Anyways, I've a good recommendation for these following movies that I watched recently:
  • Atonement, starred by Keira Knightley and James McAvoy, a romantic British drama in an old war setting, bagged most of the major Golden Globe awards.
  • Enchanted, a classic Disney fairytale collides with modern-day New York City in a story about a fairytale princess who is sent to our world by an evil queen starred by Amy Adams and Patrick Demsey. Hilarious, light and family entertaining.
  • Lady Chatterley , a French adaptation of the second (and much less well-known) version of D.H. Lawrence's erotic tale. This won many praises in France awarding bodies. (note: you may see a frontal nudity here).
  • Charlie Wilson's War , roleplayed by Tom Hunks and Jullia Roberts. A drama based on a Texas congressman Charlie Wilson's covert dealings in Afghanistan, where his efforts to assist rebels in their war with the Soviets have some unforeseen and long-reaching effects. Rarely is movie humour laugh-out loud and also smart.

Mentioned films are still showing. Check FilmLadder.nl .

Movies I'm going to watch:

  • Away from Her . The story is about a man coping with the institutionalization of his wife because of Alzheimer's disease faces an epiphany when she transfers her affections to another man, Aubrey, a wheel chair-bound mute who also is a patient at the nursing home. This film also shops a lot of awards. I'm interested to watch it maybe this coming weekend.

  • 27 Dresses . I might consider to buy a popcorn for this :-) A typical story of multiple times being a bridesmaid but never a bride. Maybe a sort of Valentine's treat.

  • Juno. It's played by one of my favorites Jennifer Garnier.

  • The Bucket List , a comedy-drama by multi-awarded Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman.

For now, I have an open list. I hope you'll gonna check them out, and let's see how our reviews and taste differs :-)

No comments: